We know that one of the challenges of student retention and success in today's socially distant and remote environment is how to foster student engagement while keeping students safe. Our research participants unanimously agreed that peer mentor programs are more important than ever—but there are major challenges to making them work. Though peer mentor programs have been tried and true student success interventions to keep students connected, most were designed to facilitate face-to-face interaction between students.
Learn how one institution's peer mentor program—which led to an 11% increase in retention pre-pandemic—was positioned for continued success in a remote learning environment. Our expert speaker will share steps you can take today to pivot your peer mentor program and provide seamless support for students whether learning is in-person, remote, or anywhere in between.
Who Should Attend
This webcast will benefit staff who oversee an established in-person peer mentor program.
During this webcast our expert will cover these important considerations:
Keys to Success: Learn what made one institution's peer mentor program highly adaptable and successful.
- Learn what shaped Hennepin Technical College’s Peer Mentor Program and how it works in our current reality
- Hear from our expert about lessons learned: what they have changed along the way, and what they may change in the future, including centering students in re-design efforts
Take Action: Brainstorm steps to take now and how you might pivot in the future based on your students’ needs. We’ll explore the following questions:
- What are the challenges of shifting your peer mentor program to a remote experience? What are the opportunities?
- What is the most successful part of your current peer mentor program, and how can you recreate this aspect in a new way?
- What resources are available to you to make this shift? What do you need?
Vice President of Student Affairs, Hennepin Technical College
Jessica works with staff and faculty to ensure all students have the supports they need to be successful in reaching their academic goals. She believes in students and values engaging them in meaningful ways which is evident through the implementation of the college’s first student life office and multiple sustainable programs on campus.
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.