Drive student success by building vendor partnerships for data management.
As institutions increasingly use data and technology to drive decision-making, it is important to have ways to efficiently collect, store, and parse that data. But with so much information to store and manage, institutions often need good partners and solutions to aid in managing their data. Many institutions have therefore turned to working with outside software vendors to help manage student retention and engagement. Institutions often have more than one of these outside vendors and work with campus IT professionals to integrate those software tools into their daily work. But how do institutions decide which vendors will help them to be the most successful?
Join us for a 90-minute virtual training where you’ll learn the considerations that go into selecting and communicating with a new vendor for student success. Our expert Joseph Connell will discuss what questions you should ask of potential vendors and your on-campus staff to help you decide what the best support looks like for you. You will also learn to create a timeline for onboarding a new vendor for your institution.
Who Should Attend
Student affairs, as well as success leaders and directors who are interested in learning more about the vendor selection process, will benefit most from this training. Frontline staff will also be able to gain perspective on the decisions leaders are making when it comes to vendor selection and how it will impact their work.
If You Can't Attend the Live Event
You can still register to receive a recording of the live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Eastern
Our expert instructor will walk you through the key considerations in selecting and working with a new vendor, including:
- What questions you should ask of potential vendors, and how best to communicate with outside vendors
- What a vendor trial looks like
- How to negotiate pricing and other priorities
- How best to involve on-campus staff from multiple divisions
- How to create a timeline for the onboarding process with a vendor
- How to plan for the change management involved in implementing new technology
Assistant Vice President of Student Success, Ramapo College
As the Assistant Vice President of Student Success, Joe routinely leads academic advising, career development, early alert, tutoring, new student experience, opportunity programs, and placement testing. He has presented, served, and received awards for his work in several national higher-education organizations including ACPA, EDUCAUSE, AACRAO, NACADA, NACE, NASPA, and EAB/Starfish.