Innovation and creativity are what higher ed needs right now to push past the challenges of 2020. Creativity requires your team to share ideas, challenge each other's ideas, admit mistakes, and move past them. It requires risk-taking and an entrepreneurial spirit to try new things. To support a culture of creativity, you, as their leader, must create a secure and psychologically safe environment where your team feels empowered to be vulnerable.
Join us online and learn how to create a culture of trust within your team that encourages them to be their most creative selves in order to solve problems. During this webcast, you will learn how to create the necessary conditions to foster a safe environment for your team to be creative. Get tips on how to:
- Encourage curiosity and vulnerability
- Normalize failure
- Assign credit when and where credit is due
- Back up your team when things go awry
Who Should Attend
This webcast is designed for any leader who wants to learn how to create a culture of trust that makes their team feel secure and psychologically safe to take risks and bring forth new and creative ideas. Please note, you don’t have to identify as a “creative” type yourself to benefit from this webcast.
1. Encourage Curiosity and Vulnerability Through Inclusion
To create a culture of trust, you must also create a sense of inclusion, so that everyone feels as if they can and want to contribute their ideas and solutions. You will learn how to:
- Apply different methods and techniques for generating ideas from within your team
- Engage and manage expectations within your team when there are conflicting ideas
2. Champion Your Team’s Ideas
Your team needs to know you have their back and will support them as their ideas are actualized and implemented. You will learn how to:
- Package and communicate your team’s ideas in a way that ensures acceptance by administration
- Promote your team’s best ideas across campus and give credit when and where it is due
3. Take Accountability and Frame Failure When Things Go Wrong
Your team needs to know that you will support them when their ideas don’t work out or when they make mistakes. Walk away with tips for how to:
- Effectively communicate accountability for you and your team
- Frame failure as something from which to learn
- Demonstrate personal courage that inspires your team
Associate Dean and Director of Online Learning, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice, St. Joseph's College
Amy has led the St. Joseph’s College Online team from the launch of the online campus in 2015 with less than 100 students to a campus of over 500 students today. Beyond leading her own team, her responsibilities include working collaboratively with marketing, enrollment management, informational technology, and academics to deliver high-quality online courses and programs for all students across the three campuses.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.