Whether you’re a community college or a 4-year institution, you want to make your curriculum more relevant to the workforce. Community colleges have led the field in workforce development, and traditional 4-year universities are promoting entrepreneurship and experiential learning. Regardless of your institutional type, have you paused to ensure that your workforce development initiatives check all the boxes?
Join us for a one-hour webcast where you'll learn the key tasks you need to undertake at the community, administrative, and individual classroom levels to align your curriculum with the needs of the workforce. Our internationally recognized speaker will offer you a panoramic view of the work needed to spearhead workforce development at your institution so that you can distinguish yourself from your competitors, increase student engagement, and bolster career preparedness.
Who Should Attend
If you are just beginning to integrate workforce-aligned learning across the curriculum institution-wide, then this webcast is for you. This includes academic leaders and professionals from employer relations, experiential learning, and career services.
Institutions who have already been pursuing this but want to ensure they’re hitting the major points at the community, administrative, and individual classroom levels may also benefit from the content of this training.
During this webcast our expert instructor will discuss workforce alignment on the following levels:
In the community:
- Interview prospective employers about the challenges they face and how they solve them vis-a-vis virtual advisory committees
- Build closer ties with recent graduates and alumni to help gather information on employer-workforce needs
At the administrative level:
- Align your efforts with the issues that administrators, faculty, staff, and students care most about
- Emphasize employer outreach efforts as a part of performance plans, reviews, and promotion decisions
In the classroom:
- Oversee the completion of projects and portfolios that can demonstrate competency to employers instead of grades
- Require structured internships that meet institutional goals, offer opportunities for mentorship, and provide fair credit or compensation
William Rothwell, PhD.
Professor of Workforce Education and Development, Penn State College of Education
In his current capacity, William teaches graduate courses in Organization Development and Change and oversees Ph.D. dissertations in Workforce Development. He has published a number of books on workforce development, learning and development through accreditation, and others. Before arriving at Penn State in 1993, William had nearly 20 years of work experience in human resource management in business and in government.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.