Providing access to online academic support presents a unique set of challenges. This webcast will help online advisors understand how to build relationships with students given the unique needs and challenges that exist in online environments. Join us for this online training and hear how one institution reduced overlapping processes, broadened their outreach to students in different time zones, and improved their relationship-building through online communication.
Who Should Attend
Frontline advisors, both full-time and faculty advisors, and directors of advising for either fully online or blended programs will learn how to start improving their online advising practice.
- Challenge 1: Addressing large student-to-advisor ratios
- Solution: Differentiating roles of advisors
- Challenge 2: Meeting the needs of advisees across time zones
- Solution: Hiring online advisors who can serve students during non-traditional hours
- Challenge 3: Building relationships across a virtual domain
- Solution: Using effective written and video communication
Dawn Coder, Director, Academic Advising & Student Disability Services, Penn State World Campus and Continuing Education