As a result of COVID-19 and the racial injustices that have permeated 2020, it’s more important than ever to lead with humanity and create a work environment where people feel recognized and heard. Current challenges require leaders to be visionary, but they must also be humble and know how to bring out the best in others. The servant leadership philosophy and practice strikes a balance between putting others first and addressing their highest needs, so that they can feel heard, empowered, and fulfilled. It’s about creating an environment that assumes the best intentions and demonstrates unconditional love and support. In a time when surviving the daily grind can feel daunting, a leader’s ability to allow others to thrive can be especially powerful.
Join us online and learn what it takes to lead with a servant-leader mindset. You will be introduced to three essential behaviors of a servant leader:
- Behavior 1: Look inward, so you can be authentic and humble.
- Behavior 2: Look at your team, so you can ensure you have the right people around the table, recognize their strengths, and empower them to do their best.
- Behavior 3: Look to the future, so you can exercise foresight and use your team effectively to serve organizational needs.
Our expert instructor will provide simple, yet meaningful ways you can practice these behaviors in your day-to-day. You’ll walk away with tips for navigating your role as the visionary leader who also knows how to listen to and empower the voices of those you serve.
Who Should Attend
This webcast is designed for anyone who is new to servant leadership. If you’re interested in demystifying the philosophy, learning how to practice it in simple and meaningful ways, and/or exploring ways you can lead with a servant-leadership mindset, this webcast is a great place to start.
Section One: Demystifying Servant Leadership
In the first part of the webcast, you will get answers to the following questions:
- What is servant leadership and what are some of the common myths about the philosophy?
- How can the servant-leadership approach be useful, especially in current times?
Section Two: 3 Essential Behaviors of a Servant Leader
You will explore the three behaviors that all servant leaders possess and get tips for how to practice them:
- Behavior 1: Look inward with authenticity and humility
- Learn how to conduct “temperature checks” and ask powerful questions that help you discover your strengths and weaknesses and allow you to practice vulnerability.
- Behavior 2: Look at the team with empowerment and encouragement
- You’ll get tips for how to develop, recognize, and reward members of your team. You'll also learn how to get to know each team member’s strengths and how they can uniquely contribute to the organization.
- Behavior 3: Look to the future with foresight
- Walk away with tips for how to assess and align your team toward strategic goals. It’s not only about recognizing the strengths of those sitting around the table, but also linking those strengths to organizational needs, so that both your team and your organization can thrive.
Leadership and Institutional Development Manager, University System of Georgia
Wendi develops and delivers innovative, relevant, and sustained programs designed to maximize individual and institutional effectiveness. She recently served as the Director of Columbus State University’s Center for Servant Leadership, which houses the undergraduate Servant Leadership Program, as well as the Internal Leadership Development department.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.