Managing your career in higher education takes focus, confidence, and a willingness to work through the unique barriers we face as women. Join us for this webcast to learn:
- How to assess current and future opportunities to see if they are a fit for your career goals
- How to negotiate
- What steps to take if you are aspiring to a promotion
We will first look at conditions in the workplace that lead to career growth to help you assess what’s working and where you might advocate for more support. Next, we will discuss how to negotiate for what you need in ways that not only benefit your career but the organization as well. Finally, we will dive into how you can best position yourself for future opportunities by tying your accomplishments to the goals of the organization.
Who Should Attend
This training will benefit women in higher education who are looking to grow their influence and leadership.
In this webcast, we will discuss three key considerations to keep in mind as you determine the right career fit based on your goals and objectives:
- Workplace Conditions That Lead to Career Growth
In this section, we will look at conditions that are necessary for all, but especially for women, to thrive and grow in their careers. If these conditions are not present, the discussions will help you determine if you can be a part of creating them or if your particular situation might not be where you can do your best work.
- Negotiating What You Need
While people most often think of negotiation in the context of salary, other factors are important to consider as well: flexibility in working from home, benefits, and the ability to incorporate your development into your job are just some examples. In this section, we will look at factors to consider and negotiation best practices.
- Articulating Your Skills When Applying for New Positions
Too often, we tend to highlight our work through a collaborative lens or through our duties. In this section, we will talk about how to articulate the impact and growth for your department or organization that happened as a result of your leadership.
Consultant, Changing our World
Diana is a social impact consultant and agent of global change. She is a celebrated thought leader, teacher, writer, and speaker with extensive research experience. Inspired to "do more good in the world," she builds and strengthens non-profit organizations through the transformative power of philanthropy and trains women as leaders in the realms of higher education, faith-based, and cultural organizations.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.