Strong data governance ensures that your institution is using information well when making data-driven decisions and complying with mandates around the collection, use, and sharing of data. During the COVID-19 era, accuracy in presenting timely information transparently to students, employees, parents, and the public make data governance all the more critical. Learn concrete, practical steps for building collaborative data governance that will improve efficiency and quality for your campus data partners.
During this webcast, you will:
- Understand legal, regulatory, and business requirements that necessitate data governance
- Design a data governance framework
- Establish critical personnel roles and responsibilities
- Make information readily available and discoverable to stakeholders
Additional Resource: Data Governance Implementation Workbook
As part of your registration for this webcast, you will receive a nine-page workbook that you can use to design, launch, and manage data governance at your institution. The workbook includes a data governance framework, roles and responsibilities, situational assessment, and pointers for selecting a data governance information system.
Who Should Attend
This program is ideal for anyone who participates in nascent data governance efforts and/or those who may be frustrated by a seeming lack of progress with such efforts at their institution. We encourage institutional researchers, institutional planning and effectiveness, information technology, and a wide range of functional/operational area managers to attend, including teams from enrollment management, student affairs, academic affairs, and business and finance.
During this webcast, our expert will cover the following themes:
1. Establishing a Data Governance Framework at Your Institution
- Identifying drivers for data governance
- Identifying stakeholders
- Strategic direction, tactical needs, and emergency use cases
- Avoiding common pitfalls
2. Launching and Managing Data Governance
- Obtaining a data governance information system
- Collaborating effectively with Data Stewards
- Crafting data definitions and Data Sharing Agreements
Michael C. Kelly, Ph.D., PMP
Chief Data Officer and Executive Director for Teaching and Learning Technologies, University of South Carolina; Founder and Co-Chair, Higher Education Chief Data Officers
Mike provides leadership in governing the University of South Carolina’s data and information assets, ensuring the availability and accuracy of data for making decisions that advance the strategic priorities of the university’s eight campuses and Palmetto College. He works with senior leaders and functional managers to develop a sustainable data governance framework comprised of data stewardship, data standards, data quality & integrity, and business intelligence. Mike also leads USC’s teaching and learning technologies for the Division of IT.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
Which Option is Right for You?
Access to this live and recorded webcast, including speaker slides and supplemental materials
Free and unlimited access to all upcoming live webcasts
Full use of our entire online library of recorded webcasts, courses, tools, and resources
$250 off online bootcamps, membership capped virtual trainings, and in-person conferences
1 Year 10-User Membership
Unlimited Access for 10 People
- $750.00Price is per user, per year, billed annually.Become A Member
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.