Evacuation Planning Procedures for Study Abroad Emergencies
Order 10 or more copies and receive a $25 discount on every copy you purchase!
Books are shipped within 7 days of receipt of payment. For immediate receipt of book, order PDF copy.
Author: Margaret Wiedenhoeft
Recent world events underscore the importance of planning for the most extreme circumstances. Is your study abroad program prepared for an emergency evacuation?
As study abroad programs grow in higher ed, so too does the need for crisis planning. This guide will walk you through many scenarios and how to resolve them, and will review:
- 5 critical steps to developing an effective evacuation plan
- Tools and checklists for on-site protocols in the event of a medical evacuation, a natural disaster, or political unrest
- How to ensure clear communication during the response and evacuation
- How to determine the appropriate response to the event
- What to expect regarding the costs of evacuation
- How to respond to media inquiries effectively
Keep your students, staff, and faculty safe. Read Evacuation Planning Procedures for Study Abroad Emergencies by Margaret Wiedenhoeft and be prepared.
Included with this guide:
- A sample study abroad emergency response plan
- A sample incident report
- A template for world disaster or event response
- A decision tree for response to a political or natural disaster
- A sample health and travel safety policy
If you order the PDF instead of the Print Edition: Upon payment, you will find your book available to download in the Downloads section of My Account. The link is active for 30 days.