Join a small group of academic writers for weekly writing workshops that hold you accountable to advancing your scholarly writing and getting published.
This six-week, cohort-based program will help you demystify the scholarly publication process, efficiently manage your writing projects, and increase your confidence as a scholarly writer. You’ll also explore ways to make more strategic decisions about manuscripts and publication options, as well as how to align your research writing with your long-term career goals.
Highlights of this program include:
- Three personalized, individual 1-hour coaching sessions that will set you up for success and help you overcome personal obstacles.
- Practice with strategies through short writing and reflective exercises during each session.
- Small-group discussions and peer writing partners to provide you with accountability and connection with other academic writers.
Expected outcomes of the program include:
- More productive management of your writing projects and writing time.
- Greater confidence in your writing for scholarly publication.
- More effective and strategic decision-making about manuscripts and publication options aligned with your long-term goals.
To preserve the intimate and interactive nature of this training, the bootcamp is limited to 24 participants. Register early to reserve your spot!
A Highly Personalized Experience
This program includes three personalized one-on-one coaching sessions with our expert writing coach. Through these 1-hour sessions, you will increase your awareness of your personal writing challenges and set writing goals that are realistic for you. These sessions will include topics such as:
- Managing your writing time more effectively—and learning to say no.
- Strategizing your manuscript pipeline and juggling multiple research projects.
- Envisioning your future research aims and making strategic decisions about your next projects.
What You Will Get
This online bootcamp consists of:
- Six live online weekly sessions with live instruction, facilitated discussions and breakouts, and asynchronous work between sessions.
- Community and accountability through writing partners and small-group discussions.
- Three individual 1-hour coaching sessions with our expert writing coach to help you increase your awareness of your personal writing challenges and set writing goals that are realistic for you. These coaching sessions will happen before, during and after the bootcamp sessions.
Who Should Attend
This bootcamp is designed for researchers in the early stages of their career who seek to demystify the process of journal article writing, publish in areas of study that are new to them, and/or who need accountability and structure to reach their publication goals.
Hear About the Bootcamp Experience
This Event is Canceled
June 21 - August 2, 2022
Individual Dates: June 21, 28, July 12, 19, 26, and August 2, 2022
June 22, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Organize your writing time more efficiently and debunk writing myths that don’t work for you.
June 28, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Demystify journal conventions and help others quickly see the significance of your arguments.
July 12, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Learn a useful system for selecting a target journal more strategically.
July 19, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Write with greater authority and communicate your arguments more persuasively.
July 26, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Align your research writing with your long-term career goals.
August 2, 2022 | 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Identify your strengths and better define your distractions.
Allison DiBianca Fasoli, Ph.D.
Faculty Coach, Leadership Coach, and a Psychological Researcher and Educator
Allison coaches clients around career growth and career decisions, work-life balance, branding, leading others, and defining visions for their teams. She helps scholars, researchers, and writers increase their scholarly productivity (without working more!), transform their writing practices and processes, clarify their conceptual ideas, and grow their scholarly voices. Allison also offers writing consultations to help clients present themselves and their work persuasively in writing– from cover letters to promotion materials to personal websites.
Questions About the Event?
Learning & Development Manager