Table of Contents
Living-learning communities continue to be a popular topic at many institutions, but actually creating effective LLCs can be a challenge for many campuses. Join us for an engaging discussion with the two chief researchers from the National Study of Living-Learning Programs (NSLLP). These experts will share their perspectives as they review key recommendations for creating and implementing living-learning communities. Joining them are several practitioners who will share practical tips for implementing successful practices on campus.
- Methodological overview of the National Study of Living-Learning Programs (NSSLP)
- Key recommendations for successful living-learning program practices
- Identify clear learning objectives with strong emphasis on academic components
- Develop integrated Academic Affairs and Student Affairs partnerships
- Capitalize on the community setting -– programming that walks the talk
- Assessing living-learning communities
Who should attend?
This event is ideal for directors of housing, residential life, and academic affairs at residential colleges and universities that are considering or have recently implemented living-learning communities at their institutions. Other student affairs and academic affairs administrators involved with the development or management of living-learning programs will also benefit from this content. This session is particularly well-suited for those institutions with minimal experience with living-learning programs.