Table of Contents
Train OWAs and other mandatory reporter employees on how to respond to reports of alleged sexual harassment.
Whether you have the designation of “Official with Authority” (OWA), “Responsible Employee,” or “Mandatory Reporter Employee” under your institution’s Title IX policies and procedures, you have a responsibility to report to your Title IX Coordinator any alleged incidents of sexual harassment. This includes witnessed harassment as well as incidents shared with you by students, faculty, or staff. Failure to report as an OWA can trigger legal liability.
This video course will prepare you to comply in your role as a mandatory reporter of sexual harassment. We will clarify your reporting duties under the new Title IX regulations, and we’ll roleplay a conversation in which a student discloses to her professor an alleged incident of harassment. You will leave with 6 strategies for ensuring safe and productive conversations when students and employees share details of sexual harassment with you.
Lesson 1: Essentials of Your Reporting Role as an Official With Authority (OWA) or Responsible Employee
- Video 1 – More than Compliance: Why this Course Matters
- Video 2 – Definitions of Key Terms
- Video 3 – General Process for Responding to Reports of Harassment
Lesson 2: Guiding the Conversation when Someone Discloses Alleged Harassment Collapse
- Video 4 – 6 Strategies to Guide Disclosure Conversations
- Video 5 – Disclosure Roleplay: The 6 Strategies in Action
- Video 6 – Roleplay Debrief
We understand that Title IX compliance is just one small slice of the roles your OWAs and Mandatory Reporter Employees play on campus. These individuals can’t retain exhaustive Title IX training, so we’ve created a 20-minute on-demand video course they can complete any time to cover the essentials:
- Six short videos to cover core responsibilities of OWAs and other mandatory reporter employees
- One printable job aid to highlight how to guide a conversation where a student or employee discloses an incident of sexual harassment
- One role play to show a safe and productive disclosure conversation in action
- One worksheet to reflect on the strategies used by the mandatory reporter employee in the role play
- Access the course from wherever you are
- Progress on your own time and at your own pace
- Valued at $395. Free for members.