Table of Contents
Create an intentional culture where academic staff can grow and thrive.
As the keepers of institutional knowledge and day-to-day know-how, academic staff have always been critical to the functioning of Academic Affairs. Yet many of us are currently struggling to hire and retain the academic staff we need, and without more intentional support, these challenges are likely to persist. As academic leaders, how can we be proactive about the experiences of our academic staff, and how can we build our skillsets around managing and developing them further?
Join us for a free webinar to exchange ideas and current practices around this issue with fellow academic leaders across the nation. In a panel-discussion setting, we’ll explore how you can:
- Put supportive onboarding and recognition structures in place to support staff retention from the outset.
- Engage staff in effective career growth and professional development conversations.
- Approach resourcing creatively to align unit-level needs with staff skills and aspirations.
Who should attend?
This session has been designed to benefit academic leaders at all levels, including:
- Provosts seeking to better understand the experiences that academic staff are having across the division.
- Faculty affairs leaders looking to build capacity in deans and chairs who supervise academic staff.
- Deans, chairs, and other department heads who would like to manage and develop their leadership teams more effectively.