Table of Contents
Learn how to strategically implement game-based design principles that can help you better engage students in a more interactive approach to education. Using gamification in your courses does not have to be difficult nor does it have to be comprehensive. We will discuss a range of different approaches that you can implement immediately to help make assignments more competitive, grading scales more interactive, and content more compelling.
- Steps to gamification design
- Identify learning objectives
- Describe target behaviors
- Establish audience level
- Allocate appropriate design
- Game mechanics and principles
- Micro design strategies
- Map based/treasure hunt
- Hidden messages/ Easter eggs
- Incorporating narrative design
- Gamifying social media
- Assessment strategies
- Gamified gradebook/level-based grading
- Competency based/reward badges
Who should attend?
Instructional designers, faculty developers, and faculty who are redesigning courses for increased student engagement will benefit from the expertise shared in this online training. Along with applicable gamification strategies, attendees will discuss the theoretical framework of gamification to help fuel future thought and development.