As Chief of Staff, you will often be looked to for providing calm consistency during presidential transitions. The incoming President will likely rely on you as they acclimate to a new environment while your colleagues will count on you to convey the new President’s priorities.
Join us for this webcast to learn how you can best serve in your role during these times of change. In this session, our expert will discuss the following considerations:
- Understanding your role during the transition
- Planning for the outgoing President
- Learning the incoming President’s plan
- Your to-do list
Browse our upcoming training calendar specifically designed for Chiefs of Staff, or become a member to get instant access to them.
- A Process-Oriented Approach to Working with Your Board and President as Chief of Staff (November 9, 2020)
- Free Webcast | Accelerate Your Professional Growth: A Forum for Chiefs of Staff (December 1, 2020)
- Your First Month as a New Chief of Staff: How to Get It Right from the Start (December 4, 2020)
Who Should Attend
Chiefs of Staff or others who are involved in managing presidential transitions will benefit from attending this webcast.
In this one-hour session, you will learn about the following:
- Understanding Your Role During the Transition
As soon as you learn that your institution will be going through a presidential transition, it is paramount that you understand your role throughout. Are you to primarily support the outgoing President? Will the incoming President be bringing their own Chief of Staff or will you instead be in the role of liaison between the two?
- Planning for the Outgoing President
In this section, we will discuss how you can play a critical role in ensuring a smooth transition for the outgoing President. This will include housing, the timing of the announcement, and the role of the President if they plan to remain connected to the institution.
- Learning the Incoming President’s Plan
During this section, we will talk about the possibilities of your role during the search and onboarding process. If you are serving as the Chief of Staff for the new President, you will simultaneously be managing the outgoing President’s needs as well as the incoming President’s. We will discuss key conversations to have with the incoming President and decisions to ensure a smooth exchange between the two leadership teams.
- Your To-Do List
In this final section, we will recap your “to-do” list if you have an imminent transition on the horizon. This will help you to take immediate action after the webcast.
Vice President and Chief of Staff, Clemson University
Since his arrival at Clemson University in June 2015, Max Allen has helped strengthen the overall national reputation and awareness of the Clemson brand. He serves as the chief advisor to President Clements and is the primary liaison with the vice presidents and other direct reports to the president. Under his leadership, he has helped design and implement the Clemson Forward strategic plan, coordinated a strategic reorganization of the campus diversity efforts, served as the primary liaison with key community leaders and partners, served as a member of the university’s crisis decision team, and helped with the successful completion of the $1 billion “Will to Lead” capital campaign.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.