As Chief of Staff, you are often faced with implementing changes and initiatives set by the President, Board, and Executive Cabinet. Your role can be challenging especially when it comes to conflicting or disconnected initiatives. As those around you express concerns and ask questions regarding changes, it is your job to address them while also advancing the mission of the University and the goals of the Board and President.
Join us for this hour-long virtual session to learn practical negotiation and communication strategies you can utilize to help implement the initiatives of your Board and President. You will leave this training feeling more confident to successfully collaborate with and support them.
Browse our upcoming training calendar specifically designed for Chiefs of Staff, or become a member to get instant access to them.
- Managing Presidential Transitions as Chief of Staff (October 20, 2020)
- Free Webcast | Accelerate Your Professional Growth: A Forum for Chiefs of Staff (December 1, 2020)
- Your First Month as a New Chief of Staff: How to Get It Right from the Start (December 4, 2020)
Who Should Attend
Chiefs of Staff or those who serve in similar roles and work with Executive Boards and Presidents will find this training helpful.
In this one-hour session, our expert, Brittany Williams-Goldstein, will present critical strategies to help you:
- Align your priorities, goals, and desired outcomes with the President and Board
- Use a framework to ensure alignment among all parties
- Better understand your role in advancing goals and managing change
- Use negotiation and communication strategies to address concerns
Brittany Williams-Goldstein, Ed.D.
Chief of Staff & Board Liaison, Ramapo College
Dr. Williams-Goldstein serves as the President’s primary liaison to the Senior Cabinet and the Board of Trustees. She is responsible for the strategic development, implementation, and coordination of Cabinet and Board activities as well as the coordination of the Office of the President. She chairs the Space Management and Allocation Committee and also leads the College’s Administrative Assessment Committee. During her tenure at Ramapo, she has served as a member of the Campus Facilities Master Plan Steering Committee, Accreditation Steering Committee, Position Review Committee, and two Strategic Planning Task Forces.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.