Learn practical tools to gain confidence in resolving conflicts in the earliest stages.
In this workshop, you will learn strategies to help you manage and resolve various conflicts within your department and institution. You will be introduced to practical tools that address conflict in its earliest stages before it becomes a formal dispute. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to resolving conflicts. That’s why our expert instructor will present numerous scenarios and discuss the use of framing, facilitation, and other dispute-resolution tools to help you:
- Improve and sustain a healthy working environment
- Build rapport among colleagues
- Increase faculty and staff morale
Upgrade Your Experience with a Virtual Conference
To elevate your learning experience, join us at our popular Women’s Leadership Success in Higher Education virtual conference. Come together with women from across higher education to gain confidence as a leader, prioritize your goals, chart your career path, and expand your network.
Purchase this Conflict Management Workshop and the virtual conference together to save $95.
Who Should Attend
Mid- to upper-level women higher education leaders who wish to:
- Overcome personal barriers that might be holding you back as a leader.
- Build upon your leadership skillset for success.
- Learn from expert faculty and the shared experiences of your peers.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
12:00 - 2:00 p.m. Eastern
We’ll begin by learning how to build a Conflict Strategy Map. Our speaker will walk you through how to identify and better understand the details around:
- What the conflict is about?
- Who is engaged in the conflict?
- The context, others’ perspectives, and special circumstances
You will then identify a conflict in your work life and apply the conflict strategy map.
After mapping out your conflict, we’ll discuss conflict management strategies, and then you will create an action plan to address your conflict. This plan will help you strategize the details around action, timing, and communication.
Jeanne A.K. Hey, Ph.D.
Leadership Development Specialist
Jeanne has over thirty years’ experience in academia. She specializes in developing materials and programs for emerging and experienced leaders in higher education. At the University of New England in southern Maine, she served as Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences for eight years before finishing her university service as Associate Provost for Student Success. Before that, Jeanne served Miami University (Oxford, OH) for 19 years. There she served in roles including Interim Dean and Executive Director of Miami’s Middletown Campus, Director of International Studies, and Professor of Political Science and International Studies.