Table of Contents
Productive Conversations with Donors: A Book Club Experience
January 13, January 27 & February 10, 2021 | 1:00 – 2:00 pm Eastern
- Frontline Fundraising Essentials: Outreach, Qualification, Visits and the Ask | Webcast Series Recording
- Developing Rigor in Your Fundraising Team | Webcast Recording
- Anticipating and Overcoming Objections in Frontline Fundraising | Webcast Recording
- Small Events for Donor Cultivation | Webcast Recording
- Strategizing Multiple Fundraising Attempts in Fundraising | Webcast Recording
- Developing Your Parent Giving Strategy | Webcast Recording
As an owner of the Academic Impressions book, Productive Conversations with Donors: A Handbook for Frontline Fundraisers by Kathy Drucquer Duff, you are invested in moving prospect and donor relationships forward through each interaction.
Join us online for an exclusive three-part discussion series on Productive Conversations with Donors: A Handbook for Frontline Fundraisers. This book club-style series was designed to help consolidate and enhance your learning, and make each donor touchpoint even more meaningful. In each session, we will discuss and practice techniques from the book in a salon-style setting.
Our facilitator, Brittany Iwaszkiw at Academic Impressions, will help you and your peers explore the key concepts of the book in more detail, such as how to use probing questions to engage different types of donors and inspire various types of gifts.
Prepare for the Book Club
1) Read the following sections in advance of the book club meetings:
- Session 1: Pages 7-41
- Session 2: Pages 45-88
- Session 3: Pages 91-123
2) Plan to participate in discussion, role plays, and brainstorming! We will not be offering formal presentations during the meetings.
During this book club experience, we will exchange insights and learnings on the following topics:
Session 1: Maximizing Prospect and Donor Engagement (January 13, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
- Connecting a donor’s campus experience to giving
- Incorporating questions to overcome objections and continue the conversation
- Practicing questions to expand your prospect pool
Session 2: Working Intentionally with Specific Donor Populations (January 27, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
- New prospects
- Young alumni
- Occasional givers
Session 3: Educating Donors on Legacy Giving (February 10, 2021, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.)
- Moving leadership giving donors toward major giving
- Asking questions that support major gift asks by the fifth meeting
- Building planned giving into gift conversations
Ensure Your Technology is Ready
This workshop is intentionally designed to allow for maximum learning, connections, and engagement. We advise the following in order to participate fully:
- Have a Headset/earbuds and webcam, if possible
- Please make sure you have the latest version downloaded from here: https://zoom.us/support/download
- If you wish to join a test meeting in Zoom, go to this website: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-test-meeting
Why is this event retired?
At AI we want to always ensure that the best and most current trainings are available to members, and we regularly review our trainings to ensure that is the case.