As higher education faces tighter budgets and declining enrollments, many institutions are exploring a shared services model to lower costs, make services more efficient, and reduce redundancies across campus. By making operations like finance, HR, IT, and pre- and post-award services leaner, institutions can free up resources and invest in what will distinguish their institution—academic programs and research. Despite these benefits, not everyone welcomes giving up control over their school, unit, or department, so implementation can be tricky to navigate through pushback.
Join us to learn what to expect in the process of transitioning to a centralized shared services model. Ronn Kobalsh, Associate Vice President of Shared Services at University of Chicago, will steer you through the five phases of implementation and share tips on the most challenging aspects, such as:
- Gathering data to build your case to leadership
- Anticipating pushback and gaining buy-in across campus
- Making key decisions that will best serve your unique culture and circumstances
Who Should Attend
Senior leaders in the areas of human resources, procurement, technology, and finance, as well as other C-suite executives exploring a shared services model will benefit from this webcast.
After a brief overview of the benefits of this model, our expert speaker will detail the process of implementing shared services and prepare you for the journey ahead. You will learn how to:
- Gather relevant data, build your case, and form working groups
- Prepare for pushback and gain buy-in
- Make key decisions about the model, scope, roll-out, technology, and staffing
- Strategize for a smooth implementation
- Continually improve your processes and services
Associate Vice President of Shared Services, University of Chicago
Ronn is a highly experienced professional who has successfully implemented shared services in higher education (University of Chicago & Yale University) and state government (State of Ohio). He is currently leading the effort to continuously improve processes and drive business transformation within and outside the shared services organization through the use of data, and a focus on people, process improvement and technology.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.