Work through strategies for proactive and reactive donor communications in times of challenge.
Join us for this current-issue-oriented workshop, where our expert will take you through current situations and headlines, preparing you for the future of donor communications. We will help you navigate this important outreach in these rapidly changing times by discussing the following considerations:
- What do your donors need to know during times of crisis and uncertainty?
- How are your current communication pieces serving you and how can you enhance them?
- How prepared are you to be a strategic partner in the post-pandemic fundraising environment?
After participating in this workshop, you’ll be able to bring more strategic and timely ideas to the table when talking about donor communications in your shop.
Who Should Attend
This virtual training is designed for those working full-time or spending a large portion of their time on advancement communications. We will spend our time on strategic communications and not on writing mechanics. Please bring current donor communication samples to this event.
The Academic Impressions Online Learning Experience
Our virtual trainings go far beyond just replicating PowerPoint presentations online: these experiences are intentionally designed to give you the kind of robust and dynamic learning experience you’ve come to expect from Academic Impressions. These trainings provide you with an active learning environment and an online space where you can explore ideas, get inspired by what your peers are doing, and understand the range of possibilities around a certain topic. You will leave these sessions with practical solutions that you can take back to your team or task force.
What you will get:
- A dynamic, interactive, and high-touch virtual learning experience designed to engage and set you up for growth
- Seamless online face-time, networking, group work, and Q&A opportunities from the comfort of your own workspace
- Practical takeaways and hands-on knowledge
- Guidance from vetted subject matter experts
- Unlimited access to all recorded online sessions
12:00 - 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
During this online training we will help you improve upon your communication strategy by working through these important topics:
- Best practices and examples of communication during crisis and uncertainty, specifically leadership transitions, university announcements, and donor inquiries.
- Your current donor communication strategy and how you might update it around current headlines
- Positioning yourself as a strategic partner for all communications
- Sharing protocols and processes for different types of donor communication
Communications and Marketing Executive for Higher Ed and Non-Profit, Anne Botteri and Associates LLC
Anne Botteri is a writer and communications consultant working in the higher education and nonprofit sector who specializes in fundraising and donor communications. She also provides executive communication support and counsel to university leaders and boards. Prior to opening her practice, Anne was Vice President for Marketing and Communications at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida; Prescott, Arizona; and the university’s online division. Before that, she was Associate Vice President for Advancement Communications and Donor Relations at the University of Central Florida Foundation.