Perhaps you’re working to ensure your staff reflects the diversity of your institution - or maybe you’re witnessing unfair treatment of a colleague because of race, age, or gender. No matter the situation, conversations about these issues can feel tough. With so much to be mindful of and so much at stake, you may not always feel as comfortable as you could when leading this dialogue around difference.
Join us online to gain confidence in leading your next courageous conversation – dialogue that promotes inclusion and understanding of people’s differences. You will learn how to overcome obstacles to these conversations so that you can build relationships and engage more effectively with diverse groups inside and outside your institution.
Who Should Attend
Whether you’re working in your campus diversity office or you’re building and leading a team in another department on campus, this webcast will help you gain confidence and skills in leading conversations about diversity and difference.
In order to hone your confidence and skills to have courageous conversations, you will learn the following:
- How to recognize obstacles to courageous conversations, such as social identities and implicit biases
- How to recognize the difference between intent and impact in your conversations
- Solution-oriented communication techniques that make it easier to start these conversations and increase your impact
Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, The Dalton School
In this role, Domonic provides leadership and oversight to develop a comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion strategy that supports the fundamental Dalton principle that diverse beliefs, ethnicities, cultures, and lifestyles are a critical underpinning of a successful education in today’s global society. At The Dalton School, Domonic provides direction for committees and affinity groups charged with DEI work; collaborate with the K-12 teachers and academic leaders to institute a culturally relevant equity pedagogy in the classrooms and; serve as a mentor for faculty, staff, students, and parents on issues of social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
What You Get
Get the live webcast and the recording for one price.
Get access to live webcast including Q&A.
Receive permanent and unlimited access to recording.
Download speaker slides and supplemental materials.
What’s included in your purchase?
- Live webcast session - a live presentation where you have the chance to ask questions and get personalized answers from our expert speakers. You must purchase the product prior to the live date in order to attend the live session.
- Webcast recording - a recording of our live session that you can access anywhere, anytime.
For more details about this product, please visit our Product FAQs.